Friday, April 9, 2021

Springtime at Skylands Botanical Gardens in Ringwood, NJ










Spring is a wonderful time to go to a park, especially when that park is very beautiful. My son and I have access to just such a park, and when I go up north to visit him, I try to take him there with some degree of frequency.

The park is New Jersey's Skylands Botanical Gardens in Ringwood. There is a manor house that looks like it could be straight out of a Jane Austen era novel. The gardens are incredible.

For this visit in early springtime, most of the flowers were not yet in bloom. Hell, even the cherry blossoms looked young and not fully blossomed.

Still, it was a beautiful visit, and here are the pictures that I took during our visit yesterday, on the eighth of April.

Enjoy!
























1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures of what's easily one of my favorite spots in the Garden State. (And, incidentally, one of the most compelling counterpoints when people – generally from out of state – scoff at New Jersey's nickname.)

    ReplyDelete