Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Leaving Europe

I write this now from Gate 11 of the Krakow Airport,  awaiting the boarding of our flight to Frankfurt,  Germany.

We still have a bit of a ways to go before we leave Europe altogether.  We still have tonight into a bit of tomorrow in Paris.

Yet,  it is most definitely the tail end of this trip.  And somehow,  despite not having even left it yet,  I am missing Europe already.

My previous trip was in 2013. That also had been to Poland,  with a day's excursion to Berlin,  Germany,  during a long layover.  Prior to that,  my prior trip had been to Paris,  France,  for my honeymoon with my  now ex-wife.

So,  this was only my second time in Europe since 2000. And while I feel optimistic that it will not be too long until the next trip, you just never know,  right?

Still,  I have to be very appreciative of this trip. We went to every destination that I had hoped to take my son to for his first visit to Europe. Even more than we expected,  in fact.

So, no complaints here.

Yet,  I cannot deny feeling melancholy about leaving once again.

But I am confident that there will be a return trip,  and hopefully very soon!

2 comments: