Saturday, August 17, 2019

Woodstock 50th Anniversary Weekend

This weekend, there are celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the Woodstock Music Festival.

As I understand it, some of the original artists to perform at Woodstock back then went to the grounds of the original Woodstock festival in Bethel, New York, for performances. Arlo Guthrie even did a free, presumably acoustic, show.

Right now, I am in Europe. Writing this from a farm town in southeastern Poland, actually. My internet connection is a little bit spotty. Sometimes it seems strong. Then, suddenly, I am no longer online.

That means that this has to be done fairly quickly.

So, I just wanted to again mark the significance of Woodstock, and why so many continue to remember and honor it, even after half a century has passed. There was little choice for me with the dates of this vacation, and I did not want to miss the opportunity to take my son to Europe.

But I originally had expected to be in the United States, by the grounds of the original Woodstock Music Festival, on this occasion. It did not work out that way, but here is my attempt to honor both the memory and the message nevertheless, even from far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment