Friday, October 31, 2014

These Are The Most Googled Halloween Costumes In Each State The Huffington Post | By Kevin Short

Well, another Halloween is about to pass into the books.

I just came back from taking my son trick or treating and, I must say, it was a pleasant surprise to see just how many kids there were out there trick or treating. It was not as huge as when I was a kid, but it was the most that I have seen since then, probably. It was refreshing to see, because personally, I think it is a nice tradition.

In any case, my son had tons of candy. I have him a plastic pumpkin to carry it all in, and it went from being empty, to being filled almost to the brim!

Hopefully, these are pleasant memories that he will cherish a long time from now. I know I will.

He did remember trick or treating two or three years ago, when there was snow on the ground (I think it was 2011). That was the one and only snow storm that we got that year, and it came on October 29th. A year later on that date, Hurricane Sandy hit and, for all intents and purposes, Halloween was cancelled.

But we went last year, and here again this year. At some point, it dawned on me that there may be a couple of years or so left of this tradition of taking him trick or treating, before he is too big for it. That saddened me a bit, but I'm trying not to think about it, and enjoyed the day today.

In any case, I thought one more blog entry on Halloween would be good. The first is actually about the night before, which I always knew as "goosey night", but which almost everyone else knows as something else, apparently. This link is for what that night before Halloween is called around the United States and Canada.


What's The Night Before Halloween Called? It Depends On Where You Live by Mark Strauss, October 29, 2014:

http://io9.com/whats-the-night-before-halloween-called-it-depends-on-1652219297





Then, finally, here is a map of the most popular Halloween costumes by state, which was pretty interesting:



These Are The Most Googled Halloween Costumes In Each State of  By Kevin Short The Huffington Post, October 27, 2014:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/halloween-costumes-googled-most-popular_n_6050592.html

No comments:

Post a Comment