Wednesday, October 11, 2017

My Brother’s Birthday

Today is my brother's birthday, and it seems entirely appropriate both to acknowledge that here, as well as to post this video of Captain Zoom and his famous (or perhaps not so famous) birthday song. We know about this because our grandparents (more specifically, my grandmother) got us these little records when we were just young kids. These were "personalized" for each individual name, and although I do not believe that I still have a real version (not dubbed) with either my brother's or my own name, this version, which honors "Big Guy," seems to be very appropriate.










More recently, we had another song that served as a wonderful birthday memory. However, this one did not fall on either my own, nor even on my brother's birthday. Rather, it was on Ringo Starr's birthday, and when he celebrated at a concert in Radio City Music Hall in New York City, we were both there. It was a wonderful memory that we got to share, and it was very special, because this is likely as close to seeing the Beatles as we are surely going to get. Paul McCartney on base ad singing like a man at least thirty years younger, and Ringo Starr on drums. What a night, what an experience, and what a memory! Entirely fitting, I think, to share these memories of this song on my brother's own birthday now! 









”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
 ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
       ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
         ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ BIRTHDAY ★
                        ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ¥☆★☆★☆¥ ★☆]
[̲̅̅w̲̅][̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅S̲̅][̲̅̅H̲̅] [̲̅̅Y̲̅][̲̅̅O̲̅][̲̅̅U̲̅] [̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅] [̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅] [̲̅̅B̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲̅][̲̅̅T̲̅]
*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
☻/
/▌
/ \

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Was there seriously a "Big Guy" edition of the Captain Zoom records? That's actually kind of funny – "Well, I don't see his name anywhere, but here's one for 'Big Guy'. Good enough, let's pay for this bad boy and call it a day." I wish I knew where those old flexi discs she gave us are, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "Dave" video was funny. I like how there's one "Happy Birthday Matthew" that isn't overdubbed, and how you see the words "Happy Birthday Matthew" at the top of the screen, but then they go right back to "Happy Birthday Dave" afterwards.
    As for McCartney's appearance at Ringo's birthday concert, that was certainly unforgettable. I was lucky to be there for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I thought you'd like those Captain Zoom videos, as well as the video clip from the Ringo Starr concert that we went to, with Paul McCartney making a special appearance. That was as close as we are likely ever going to get to seeing The Beatles as a band!

    ReplyDelete