Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Post-Earth Day Hike With My Son

Normally, my son and I go for a hike on Earth Day. I make a point of it, freeing up my schedule to the extent that it is possible, to make it happen. If not exactly on Earth Day itself, then maybe the day or so after, if at all possible.

This year, it was not possible. This whole Covid-19 thing threw everyone off, and I was still in the middle of self-isolation with my girlfriend, who may have had it. So, we kind of put ourselves in quarantine, and during this time, I went over three weeks without seeing my son. That was the longest period of time that I had ever gone without seeing him.

About a week and a half or so ago, we finally got to see each other. It had been more than two weeks by then, and things were normalizing for me a little bit. Getting to see my son was a biggie, and so was getting back to my second job on the weekends.

The weather and circumstances these first couple of times were no good. It was really rainy, and plus, the woods were closed, again due to Covid-19.

However, we got our chance on Monday, the fourth of May. Star Wars Day, and yes, May the Fourth be with you.

Here are some pictures from that day:











We

2 comments:

  1. Good for both of you -- I miss seeing you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss seeing you, as well. During Basia's scare, I had to keep away from him, for his own well-being, just in case it proved to be Covid-19. Glad that we can see each other again, and it felt necessary to start the hikes again, as well. We hiked both Monday and Wednesday. They just opened up the trails again in West Milford, and presumably across New Jersey.

      Delete