Thursday, May 14, 2020

A Beautiful Day at Wawayanda & Warwick, New York


Yesterday, my son and I went for a nice walk on a beautiful day. We usually go for a hike in the woods, and we kind of did that.

Indeed, we went to Wawayanda State Park, and enjoyed a nice walk of about two or so miles. Along the way, we saw an Eastern Goldfinch, a bright yellow-gold bird that is, in fact, New Jersey's state bird. And although my son missed it, I happened to see the first snake that either of us saw this year, which is still a bit of a thrill.

The weather was just perfect.

Feeling good after the walk, we decided to go to neighboring Warwick, New York. There is a back road that I really like taking. It is not long, yet it feels very rural, with farms and woods, and generally more open space than you think of when you think of suburban New Jersey and New York. My son said that it reminded him of our trips out west, and that felt right.

I took some pictures, and even though the color came out a little weird, they still seemed worth sharing. So, here they are:











No comments:

Post a Comment