Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Cape Dutch Architecture in and Around Cape Town

One of the things which I found fascinating about South Africa as I learned more about it was the existence of a distinctive architectural style dating back to the early days of the presence of the Dutch there. 

Specifically, I am referring to what is called Cape Dutch styled houses, which obviously have strongly been influenced by the architecture in the Netherlands, for obvious reasons. 

So while I did not quite manage to get around to visiting the Constantia vineyards,  which I was fairly sure would provide an abundant sampling of said architectural style,  I nevertheless tried to obtain pictures of this unique  - and in my humble opinion uniquely beautiful  - architectural style. 

Below are some of those pictures. Admittedly, some might be blurry and/or imperfect. But most of them had to be taken from tour busses,  which are clearly not the most ideal circumstances to take quality pictures from. 

But I did the best that I could. 

Enjoy. 































No comments:

Post a Comment