Monday, October 14, 2024

The Colors of Autumn in New Jersey 2024






October has pretty much always been one of my favorite, if not my outright favorite, month. When I was just a child, it was in large part because October was the month of my birthday right at the beginning, and of Halloween right at the end.

Once I got a bit older, there were other things that made me favor October. The generally pleasant weather, particularly the warm to largely mild day temperatures, and often the cool to chilly, sometimes even outright cold, nights. Also, the colors of autumn, which are beautiful and lend October a distinctive feel and look, at least in the northeast of the United States.

So October continues to rank among my very favorite months still. 

Almost always whenever this time of the year rolls around, I try to go "leaf peeping" and get pictures of the famous changing colors of the foliage.

This year, despite a surprisingly dry autumn thus far here (I don't remember having seen such little rain this late into the fall), the colors have been decent. And I have managed to get some halfway decent pictures. Largely, this has been the product of effort, and maybe ability (my schedule had allowed for it more). 

So yes, I have been taking a lot of pictures of the foliage this October so far. And it seemed like a good idea to go ahead and publish these pictures.

If I take more, then I will add them later, in another post.

Below are some of those pictures which I have taken thus far.

Enjoy.


This particular picture actually reveals little in the way of the colors of fall foliage. Yet, it just had a distinctively "autumn" look to it, that I decided to go ahead and take it, and share it here. In fact, this was simply the front of an old church fairly early in the morning, when the weather conditions appeared to be struggling to make up their mind.








































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment