Thursday, January 21, 2016

Half the Trees on Earth Have Already Been Destroyed by Human Activity

This news story is quite depressing.

Yet, this is the reality. Trees are being cut, forests are being cleared, and usually, this is being done in order that more animal grazing land can be produced, so that we can continue to eat burgers at fastfood chains.

I myself am guilty of eating too much meat and, admittedly, have never yet managed to eliminate meat  for even a good portion of my weekly meals, although I am working on it.

In any case, this is a sobering article (see link below) that everyone should read and understand, especially when people try to minimize how much damage people can do, and how much of an impact our activity can have on the world.




Humans have killed nearly half the trees on earth so far by Cat DiStasio, September 6, 2015:

1 comment:

  1. I find myself in a similar conundrum. I realize I'm very much a part of the problem - kind of hard not to be if you're not living as a vegetarian or vegan, and/or as a survivalist in the woods. But as you know willpower tends to be quite elusive in my case where food is concerned. Have you ever read "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser? I have a copy of it in WM; I'll have to lend it to you. It doesn't paint a pretty picture to put it very euphemistically. As you alluded to, the devastating impact that the fast food industry has had on society is inextricably linked to our self-destructive and unsustainable environmental practices.

    ReplyDelete