Sunday, October 11, 2020

2020 NFL Week 5 Preview

   



🏈🏈🏈🏈





Once again, I have been experiencing some problems with this blogger page, and it has prevented me from fully working as I normally do on it. At least, I am not working on it with the same level of comfort that I usually enjoy with it.


Yet, I am trying to keep on top of it. In that spirit, since I have been doing NFL previews each weekend, I continue this trend now with my picks for this Sunday in NFL action. However, I am doing this in the wee hours of Sunday itself, and have a busy day ahead of me. This means that, once again, this will be kept brief, mostly just to predictions of who will win, and perhaps a little bit on why I believe they will win.


Here goes:


Tennessee at Buffalo – A battle of two unbeatens. My guess is that the Bills, with plenty of momentum and minimal distractions to this point, plus home field advantage, should come out on top. My pick: Buffalo


Philadelphia at Pittsburgh - The Eagles finally seemed to get going a bit in these past couple of weeks.  But winning on the road against their cross state rivals? A bit too much of a tall order.  My pick: Pittsburgh 


Carolina at Atlanta - The Panthers are hot,  the Falcons are not. Sooner or later,  Atlanta will notch their first win of the season.  But not today.  My pick: Carolina 


Jacksonville at Houston - The two worst teams in the AFC South square off. I suspect that the Texans earn their first win of the season.  My pick: Houston 


LA Rams at Washington - The Rams go on the road again for another East Coast game.  They should be able to win at Washington.  My pick: LA Rams 


Cincinnati at Baltimore - Cincinnati is looking good,  getting a little more on track this season.  But a blowout loss against the Ravens could derail them again.  My pick: Baltimore 


Arizona at NY Jets - The Cardinals have dropped two straight,  so maybe Gang Green can earn their first win? It won't be easy,  necessarily,  but it should happen soon.  Why not today? My pick: New York Jets 


Las Vegas at Kansas City - The defending champions,  still unbeaten,  host the reeling Raiders.  Kind of a mismatch.  My pick: Kansas City 


Miami at San Francisco - The Dolphins are improving.  But the 49ers are coming off a disappointing loss,  and absolutely cannot afford to drop their second straight at home.  They should prove to be a bit too much for the Fins.  My pick: San Francisco 


NY Giants at Dallas - I would enjoy being able to predict a Giants win here.  Big Blue has come close several times already.  But they rarely ever seem to do well against the Cowboys in recent seasons,  especially on the road.  My pick: Dallas 


Indianapolis at Cleveland - Both teams are hot.  Both have won three straight after dropping their opening game.  I suspect that the Browns just squeak by.  My pick: Cleveland 


Denver at New England - The Broncos may no longer be winless, and they did just win on the East Coast.  But Foxboro,  against Belichick's Patriots,  is a bit much to ask.  My pick: New England 


Sunday Night Football Preview: Minnesota at Seattle - Minnesota finally won last week.  But the Seahawks may well be the hottest team in the league right now.  Too much for almost anyone,  and the Vikings likely do not have enough to pull this one out.  My pick: Seattle 




No comments:

Post a Comment