Sunday, October 4, 2020

Abbreviated NFL Week 4 Picks

Due to the still ongoing problems that I have been experiencing with the blog,  I never quite got around to making this week's picks.

So,  even though I am doing this on my phone,  and thus have to keep it short,  here are my picks for week 4 in the NFL:


Jax  at Cincinnati  - The Jaguars are the better team most likely,  but the Bengals are improving and almost pulled off a win last week.  Look for them to get it done finally this time.  My pick: Cincy


LA Chargers at Tampa Bay  - Brady and his new bunch should be able to get the job done today against the Chargers.  My pick:  Tampa Bay


Seattle at Miami  - The Dolphins are well rested and coming off a big win,  having convincingly dominated the Jaguars.  But the Seahawks are one of the best teams in the league,  and will prove a bit too much for the Fins.  My pick: Seattle


New Orleans at Detroit  - The Lions won their first game of the season and snapped an awful losing streak in the process.  But the Saints are the better team and should have a sense of urgency after dropping two straight.  My pick: New Orleans


Cleveland at Dallas  - I would love to see the Browns pull this one off.  They have a chance.  But the Cowboys still are dangerous,  especially at home. Still,  the Browns are improving and feel like they are growing hot,  which is why I am going with them.  My pick: Cleveland


Baltimore at Washington   - A local rivalry is renewed.  But the Ravens are the much better team,  and should be able to win comfortably.  My pick: Baltimore



Minnesota at Houston  - Two winless teams meeting,  both desperate for a win. Only one of them can. Have to go with the home team.  My pick: Houston


Arizona at Carolina - The Panthers are coming off a big win last weekend,  while the Cardinals are coming off a disappointing loss.  But they have had a week to prepare and should be able to bounce back.  My pick: Arizona


NY Giants  at LA Rams. - Would love to be able to say that I can see the Giants win this game.  But it is difficult to see how they can.  My pick: LA Rams


Buffalo at Las Vegas  - The undefeated Bills take their perfect record to Vegas.  This may prove to be their toughest test so far.  Could go either way,  but I suspect that the home team pulls out a narrow win. My pick: Las Vegas


Indianapolis at Chicago   - Another local rivalry.  The Colts are improving,  but so are the Bears,  who likely need to win just to keep up with the Packers.  Home field advantage should help.  My pick: Chicago


Sunday Night Football: Philadelphia at San Francisco  - This might have been a far more interesting game last season.  But the Eagles have looked horrible so far,  and going across the country to face the Niners is not promising in terms of obtaining a badly needed win. My pick: San Francisco


Monday Night Football: Atlanta at Green Bay. - Another nationally televised mismatch.  Arguably the hottest team in the league takes on the team that notoriously can't hang on to a lead.  But the Falcons might not ever even be able to take a lead in this one.  Even if they do,  it seems unlikely that they can keep it before the Pack storm back for the win. My pick: Green Bay


Postponed: New England at Kansas City  - The Pats are not as bad as some seemed to predict this season.  But are they good enough to beat the defending champion Chiefs at Arrowhead? Not likely.  My pick: Kansas City 

No comments:

Post a Comment