Sunday, July 9, 2023

Elton John Plays Final Ever Concert Last Night in Stockholm, Sweden

 

Pictures from the Elton John rock concert that my son and I saw last year on March 2, 2022 at Barclay Center in Brooklyn, New York, New York



The Rocket Man played his last ever show last night. This was the final concert of the long-lasting "Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour" at the Tele2 Arena in Stockholm, Sweden. 

Or is it his last show. According to the Consequence article by Scoop Harrison (see link below), Elton "hasn’t ruled out performing one-off shows in the future."

Still, there will be no more touring. At 76 years old, Elton is done with that.

However, he did share some of this thoughts on such a momentous occasion:. 

“When we set off on my final tour in 2018, I couldn’t have foreseen in my wildest dreams the twists and turns and the highs and lows this tour – and the whole world – would have experienced in the next five years,” John said in a statement following the concert. “And every step of the way, my fans have been there. They have stuck with me, they have supported me, they have been patient, and they have kept turning out for every single last show. Tonight has been magical. I’m trying to process it, and I don’t think it will sink in for a while yet that I’m finally finished touring. I can’t tell you how much I’m going to miss the fans and how much their support has humbled me – it will stay with me forever.”

So, that appears to be it, then. Wow, what a career!

Below is the setlist for his final show last night, according to Consequence (see link below):


Setlist: 

Bennie and the Jets 

Philadelphia Freedom 

I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues 

Border Song 

Tiny Dancer 

Have Mercy on the Criminal 

Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going to Be a Long, Long Time) 

Take Me to the Pilot 

Someone Saved My Life Tonight 

Levon 

Candle in the Wind 

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding 

Burn Down the Mission 

Sad Songs (Say So Much) Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word 

Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me 

The Bitch Is Back 

I’m Still Standing 

Crocodile Rock 

Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting 

Encore: 

Cold Heart 

Your Song 

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road



I wrote a review of the show that my son and I attended early last year, which you can read for yourself, if you are so inclined:

Elton John Concert Review - March 2, 2022 at Barclay Center in Brooklyn, New York, New York (published on March 31, 2022):

https://charbor74.blogspot.com/2022/03/elton-john-concert-review-march-2-2022.html





Here are some pictures from the show that my son and I got to see in Brooklyn last year:

 
















Below are the links to the two articles about Elton's last show yesterday in Stockholm. I got both the quote above, as well as the setlist, from the Consequence article in particular:


‘Tonight is the final night’: Elton John says goodbye to over 50 years of touring with last show on his farewell tour By Zoe Sottile, CNN Updated 3:06 PM EDT, Sat July 8, 2023

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/08/entertainment/elton-john-last-concert-farewell-tour/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2023-07-08T21%3A00%3A22&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_term=link&fbclid=IwAR1RPKdwkrbBRzB7-wkXubj26Hlhr4EEFt5vIG-1aYV9DOg-H_zOCsHCB8Y




Elton John Plays Final Concert of Farewell Tour: “It Will Stay With Me Forever” by Scoop Harrison, July 8, 2023:  

The Rocket Man concluded his long-running "Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour" in Stockholm

https://consequence.net/2023/07/elton-john-final-tour-concert-setlist/

No comments:

Post a Comment