Saturday, December 20, 2014

Scientists See Massive Blue Stars in the Process of Merging

I have had my interest in astronomy re-awakened by my son's interest in astronomy in recent months, and so following news stories about the subject has become slightly more commonplace for me, as well.

In that spirit, I am trying to inform my son whenever news articles like this are encountered, because I want to foster his interest in astronomy, and really any serious intellectual pursuits, for as long as his interest in them endures.

But it seemed appropriate to share those stories here as well, so that is what I will do.

This is one about scientists observing the process of distant and enormous blue stars merging together, which is really extraordinary!





Astronomers Spot Massive Blue Stars Beginning To Merge December 10, 2014 | by Janet Fang

http://www.iflscience.com/space/supermassive-merger-blue-stellar-giants-underway

No comments:

Post a Comment