Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Kanye West Expresses Some Bizarre Views on Slavery

"I'm a creative genius, and there's no other way to word it."

- Kanye West


"I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me."

- Jimi Hendrix



One of the things that bothers me about the United States right now (and I am an American, so I feel that I can criticize it in this regard) is the preponderance of egotistical idiots who take themselves entirely too seriously, and lack substance. So much is the country taken by this spirit of shallowness, that we now have the ultimate megalomaniac in the Oval Office. Trump is a man who cares only about himself, and does not even make any bones about it.

It is fitting, then, that Trump would appeal to another narcissist who takes himself too seriously. Of course, I am talking about Kanye West.

The quotes that I used above have floated around on the internet for some time. Now admittedly, I am not a fan of Kanye West's music, and so maybe it could be argued that I never really gave the guy a shot. But believe it or not, I saw this guy in concert twice now (I was never there for him, but he happened to be at these shows), and he was not impressive either time. There are some friends that I have who feel that he is, indeed, a musical genius, but it is hard to take someone like him seriously. After all, he sure seems to be all about his own image, and it is not exactly surprising that he is part of the Kardashian clown klan.

Kanye has shown his support for Trump before, and he recently did so again. Because, let's face it, both of them are unbelievable narcissists, and so they would appeal to one another. Evidently, that is what passes for news in some circles.

I mention it now, because Kanye West recently said something that, even for him, was mind-numbingly stupid. Whether it was an accident, or sincere, I cannot say for sure. Frankly, it would not surprise me if he was serious about this, although my guess is that he meant to suggest something else, but that he - a self-described genius - probably has the same problem of an extremely limited attention span, and did not do enough proper research on the subject matter of which he spoke.

Shocker, huh?

Whatever the reason for why he said this, he said that he wanted the 13th amendment abolished. The 13th amendment, by the way, abolished slavery. With people like Trump in the White House, we might just see the 13th amendment repealed, frankly. And maybe, indeed, Kanye West would not have a problem with that.. After all, he is rich and famous, and by and large, elitists like him - and he is the epitomize of style over substance - would not mind it, so that they could get some very cheap, or free, servants to attend to their every whim.

No one knows why West decided to comment on this particular subject, or what he meant, if he really understood that he was calling for the abolition of the abolition of slavery, here in the 21st century. I am sure Kanye had a point, although I am not convinced that he has it in him to actually express what he is trying to say in a clear manner that leaves little to no doubt about what he is trying to say. In this day and age, when people seem to want to speak and have everyone hear them, but not themselves to listen, and when opinions seem to outweigh and often totally outshine facts, Kanye's attempts to make a presumably serious point come out sounding as garbled and confusing as Kanye's political ideas tend to seem.

On some level, I can agree with West that slavery never really ended. There are arguments that a pseudo-form of slavery persisted long after official slavery ended. After all, that was what Jim Crow segregation was all about, and it was only officially abolished less than a decade before I was born, so we are not talking about ancient history. And I have heard some people suggest - with some legitimacy, I might add - that our nation's present problem with being buried in debt on every level is another form of pseudo-slavery, or in this case, a new serfdom or feudalism, as Jello Biafra has suggested.

However, if you look around the world, a closer version of outright modern day slavery can be seen in sweatshops in impoverished, third world countries. And among those responsible would be the Kardashian clown klan that Kanye himself belongs to. Funny how that works, huh? That is why I am not entirely certain that Kanye was actually making a serious point, or actually pining for an official end to slavery being abolished, so that maybe he and his Kardashian kind can outright pay virtual slave wages, so that they can produce and sell their clothing line and other goods for the maximum profit.

So, let me not try to interpret it any further. I will just post what he wrote directly, and leave it right here, with the link to the article that I got this news story from in the first place just below:


ye ✔ @kanyewest  the 13th Amendment is slavery in disguise     meaning it never ended    We are the solution that heals  4:00 PM - Sep 30, 2018




Kanye West stirs more outrage with 13th Amendment, slavery tweets Lisa France  byline By Lisa Respers France, CNN  Updated 1:39 PM ET, Mon October 1, 2018:




Kanye West calls for abolition of the 13th amendment - which abolished slavery The Independent Zamira Rahim ,The Independent•October 1, 2018


https://www.yahoo.com/news/kanye-west-calls-abolition-13th-083200222.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=fb

No comments:

Post a Comment