Thursday, May 27, 2021

Champlitte, France



Here is yet another blog entry that I was meaning to publish a lot earlier than I did.

A while ago, I ran into some of the old postcards from childhood (and teenage) trips to France. And while I did not exactly have a camera for each of these trips to take good pics with, one thing that I did manage to do was obtain some postcards.

One of the towns that I got several postcards of, as well as stickers of (see the pictures) was of Champlitte, which is right by another town that I posted about already, Gray.

Champlitte is a charming little town, with a stream running through it. It has a chateaux, with some formal gardens in the front, as well as a beautiful old church with an impressive tower. Also, there is at least a decent part of the town that looks much as it has for hundreds of years, with little to no major changes in the intervening years and decades and even centuries.

So while these postcards are now a bit dated, I am almost certain that the town itself has not changed much since my small purchase of these postcards all the way back in the eighties.

Enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment