Friday, November 26, 2021

Some Pictures of My Son When Younger





 

My son is hardly old or anything. He just turned 16 earlier this month.

Still, it is still shocking that 16 years could have passed so fast, and that he is now in high school (sophomore year), and took Driver's Ed, and will soon enough be driving. He may be on the verge of getting his first ever job, and has some interests in possibly starting a business. There is an interest there also in photography, which to me shows an artistic side, something that runs in our family, and which I was pretty sure would be evident in him, as well. 

Obviously, I am enormously proud of him. His presence has changed my life, and for the better, at that. My life is far better and more complete with him, to the point that the life I had before him, or might have without him, feels almost unimaginable to me. He is growing older, and has impressed me quite a bit with his maturity. In short, he has grown up to be a very decent person, a seriously good young man, and the world needs more people like that. Thus, I see in him promise for the future. The world is a better place because he is a part of it, and the future looks a little bit brighter because of that fact. That makes me both proud and hopeful. 

These were pictures that I had found, almost accidentally, among my ex's Facebook page. We are not enemies. Indeed, we may be divorced, but I made clear to him when it happened that while Mom and Dad would no longer be together the way that he had known it up to that point, we would nonetheless remain forever his Mom and his Dad. In other words, we get along. There are differences of opinion and such between us, of course, but we put those aside when it comes to his well-being. That seems the least that we can do for him. He was a child at the time when our relationship ended it, and what pulled us apart certainly was not his fault. We agreed that he should not be made to pay for the mistakes and issues of adults, and have more or less done this to the best of our ability.

Thus, I borrowed these pictures in the best spirit, just wanting to celebrate his presence in both of our lives. And since this is a time when family seems especially important, I thought that it would be a nice gesture to get another post in that was family-themed. So, these are some pictures of him, generally when he was still very, very young. Some of them came out a bit distorted when enlarged too much, so I had to mix some between the extra-large size and some that had to remain smaller, because the bigger versions just did not come out all that great. Included in these pictures are a couple from different Halloweens, as well as a few from a trip to Ontario that we took, with both Niagara Falls and Toronto visible in the background. There are plenty of others with him, and when I see them, they bring me joy. I celebrate and have fond memories of the little boy he was back then, even while I celebrate and appreciate the young man he has grown up to become so far.

So here are those pictures, and hopefully, there will be more down the road, God willing. 

Enjoy!








































2 comments:

  1. Love these photos and love that boy . . . seems like it was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. And yes, as you say, a lot of this feels like it was just yesterday.

      Delete