Sunday, February 6, 2022

Old Publication From My BCC Days

 




There were some days that I can think back to fondly in my past. And my time at Bergen Community College (BCC) were some of the best. That was when I was a young man, and everything was still ahead of me. My high school years had not been particularly wonderful, and I was not very happy with the person I was, or the life I was living. To me, the "glory years" or "glory days" as Bruce Springsteen might term it came at Bergen. 

So when I come across something that takes me back to those years, it usually is pleasant. And recently, while cleaning my parent's old house, I ran across this publication. It was called "Free For All," and officially, I was the Assistant Production Partner. It had been so long, that I had largely forgotten about this. Those years at Bergen were my most active years, in terms of student activities (President of the Environmental Club, Sports Editor for the school newspaper, The Torch, and then this). Mostly, it was good fun, and good times with good friends. They passed by too quickly.

Recently found this little treasure from all of those years ago. The second ever issue of "Free For All." If memory serves correctly, these were given out on the evening of Lounge 3000, or perhaps it was still known as Poetry Night. I had largely forgotten about this, and was pleased to find this. Took me back to those times, which passed far too quickly. On the cover of this issue: the faces of Rob Conn & Joey Maniscalco. Good times!

Anyway, here are the pictures of this publication, which brought me back, however briefly, to the early part of 1997. 




No comments:

Post a Comment