Friday, February 11, 2022

Some Truly Stunning Photographs That Astronauts Too While in Space

Ran into this over the past weekend, and thought that it would absolutely be something that should be shared here.

This is a link to some truly breathtaking photographs. And unless you are an astronaut or, these days, extremely wealthy and privileged enough to take one of those trips up to space, these are surely views that you have not seen in your life, other than through pictures that other people have taken.

Some of these pictures look surreal. Frankly, some of them hardly look like what I imagined space might look like. In at least one or two cases, it was hard to even identify exactly what we are looking at, or how the picture came out quite the way that it did.  

You know, like most little boys, I had an absolute fascination of space and astronomy when younger. I would dream of going out to space, of seeing views that almost nobody had ever seen before here on Earth. There are fictional characters who might see views like those that I dreamed of, especially in Star Wars and Star Trek. But on some level, I think that my hope was to see that for real, in person. Also, to dress like an astronaut, which looked so cool.

Of course, that was kind of a pipe dream. Obviously, I am no astronaut. As much as science fascinates me, it is not a skill or an ability that I was gifted with. Yet, the interest remains, and a link like the one below managed to bring out that little boy in me yet.

Take a look by clicking on the link below:


30 Mind-Boggling Photographs Astronauts Snapped in Space Ivan Petricevic Posted on February 28, 2019:

https://curiosmos.com/30-mind-bending-photographs-taken-in-space/?fbclid=IwAR0p1SCqba06UIuMqEooo3IuFzq_5WyrihHNS8iBw_Yj751SudL-RECuVz4

No comments:

Post a Comment