Saturday, August 4, 2018

Mister Rogers, The Incredible Hulk & Andre the Giant

I happened to run into these two videos not long ago, almost by chance.

The first is a video clip of one of the very few Mister Rogers episodes that I specifically remember watching, when he visited the set of The Incredible Hulk, which was then obviously still a popular show.

It had been literally probably well over 30 years since I had seen it, although there were times when I recalled this show. Seeing it again, all of these years later, was really quite strange. It was a strange mixture of two shows that evoke obvious memories of childhood, because I watched both Mister Roger's Neighborhood, as well as The Incredible Hulk.

The other video was one that I added, even though it really has nothing to do with the other video. I was a big fan of Andre the Giant, as was my entire family. He was very likable, and of course, he was French, like us. What was not to like?

Here, he is featured on the Six Million Dollar Man as Bigfoot. He plays an inhuman creature, although you can clearly tell that it is Andre the Giant. At least, those of us who remember him, and his distinctive look, can tell right away who it is. But those contacts that make his eyes white, similar to the contacts that Lou Ferrigno and Bill Bixby wore on The Incredible Hulk, really give him an almost eerie look!

Anyway, just thought I would share these two videos, for anyone else who might be interested in a little brief trip through Memory Lane.




No comments:

Post a Comment