Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Christophe, Noted French Pop Singer, Dead at 74

This happened a few days ago, but I only found out earlier today.

Chrisophe, a famous French musician, died of emphysema. He was 74 years old. 

His real name was Daniel Bevilacqua, and he was born in 1945 in Juvisy-sur-Orge, a suburb of Paris, just months after the end of World War II, and slightly more than one year after the German occupation of France ended.

Christophe came to prominence musically beginning in the mid-1960's. He worked with and had friendly relations with fellow French musician Jean-Michel Jarre. In all, Christophe released 14 studio albums, leaving a strong mark on French music.

My father was a big fan of Christophe, as was, I believe, my brother. I have seen albums by him in my father's collection, in particular, and so I was a bit familiar with him myself.

Sad news to have to share. RIP, Christophe.




Christophe, celebrated French pop balladeer, dies aged 74 by Ben Beaumont-Thomas, Fri 17 Apr 2020:
Tributes paid to chanson singer by Jean-Michael Jarre and Christine and the Queens after death from emphysema

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/apr/17/christophe-celebrated-french-pop-balladeer-dies-aged-74

No comments:

Post a Comment