Thursday, August 20, 2020

Greetings From Asbury Park....Our Day at the Jersey Shore

Yes,  I am posting this from Asbury Park,  New Jersey.  My son and I are on the boardwalk right now,  looking out at the ocean.

This town is probably most famous for the Stone Pony,  the tiny concert venue that really launched the legendary career of Bruce Springsteen.  I have seen him in concert,  but never here.  But I have seen some shows here over the years,  including Arlo Guthrie last year,  and going back a bit over the years,  Voivod  Megadeth,  and Type O Negative.  Possibly some others who are not immediately coming to mind.

Usually,  we take at least one trip to the beach each year.  This is likely to be it for this year,  because we are not much for the beach,  usually.  Nice to do once or twice per year,  but I usually do not tan so much as get a sunburn. 

Still,  it is nice when we do come here.  Thought it would be cool to share a few photos as well,  so here they are:












4 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun. I love the ocean for reasons that have nothing to do with suntans, since as you know I don't really tan either. There's just something about the scent of the salty air, and the hypnotic quality of seeing and hearing the waves crashing and receding, that I really enjoy. If it weren't for the distance I would probably go fairly frequently. If I'm not mistaken, I haven't been to the Jersey Shore (nor to the ocean anywhere else) since I went there with you guys back in... I want to say 2014. It might have been Belmar, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check your blog history, since you may have posted something about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we had fun. The first, and possibly last, time that Sebast and I will actually manage to swim this summer, since most of the lakes and pools were closed. But maybe not. We'll see. Did not realize that the last time you went to the shore was back then. That was a while ago! He was still mostly a little kid back then still. Not sure if it is in my blog history or not. Probably, because it was unusual, and significant, which means I likely posted about it. But not entirely sure. Thought it was Sandy Hook.

      Delete
  2. Actually, I think you're right. If memory serves, it was late in the season – maybe a week or more into September – and we got a typically late start, although we still made it to the beach in time to be able to spend several hours there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://charbor74.blogspot.com/2014/09/summers-last-stand-trip-to-sandy-hook-nj.html

    ReplyDelete