Tuesday, January 19, 2021

An Iconic Beatles Song Was Actually a Parody of The Beach Boys

  


It is fascinating that, as a Beatles fan for pretty much my whole life, there are still some aspects of their history that I remain unfamiliar enough with that it is new to me when I learn about them.

For example, this latest: I just recently found out that one iconic song in particular for the Beatles actually was influenced by two other major musical acts of the days. The song is "Back in the USSR," which borrows quite a bit from a song by Chuck Berry with the title, "Back in the USA." But the song actually sounds quite a bit like a song from a band that was more or less a rival to the Beatles, that being the Beach Boys, particularly of their song, "God Only Knows."

Who knew?

Fascinating stuff!





Below is the link to the article where I found out about this fascinating short history of a Beatles song that I only thought I knew.


The one Beatles song Paul McCartney wrote as a parody of The Beach Boys by Jack Whatley·January 8, 2021:

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-beatles-song-paul-mccartney-parody-the-beach-boys/

No comments:

Post a Comment