Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year's in History

 Years ago, I wrote an article in the Guardian Liberty Voice (GLV) on the history of New Year's Day celebrations, a tradition that actually dates back some 4,000 years ago. 


This was the last article that I wrote and published for the GLV for 2014, and it took a considerable amount of research. But I felt proud once it was done, and happy when it was published fairly quickly after I submitted it. 

Admittedly, I did not write for GLV for a very long time, but one of the things that I did do was write on the history of certain holidays. The one that I feel proudest of was an article on the history of Thanksgiving, the American holiday that, tradition has it, is when the white pilgrims and Native Americans got together for a feat of mutual thanksgiving. The reality is something quite different, and it was a subject that had long fascinated me. It was one of the articles that garnered some attention, and some fairly rare praise from other writers of GLV. 

There were other holiday that I explored the history of, including Christmas, Boxing Day (the day after Christmas is a day when you are supposed to give to those less fortunate in most other English speaking nations outside of the United States), St. Patrick's Day, and some others. 

This includes New Year's Day, which was a fun project to explore. It was a fascinating and revealing article to write, and I hope everyone will take a look by clicking on the link below:

http://guardianlv.com/2014/12/new-years-in-history/

No comments:

Post a Comment