Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Brief Breakfast Visit to Vermont




Yes, it probably seems strange to suggest that I visited Vermont merely to have breakfast. That is not precisely the case, as I had wanted to visit a town or two in Vermont much more thoroughly than that. 

However, time was of the essence, and so we really had to keep the visit quite brief. I wanted to head back home relatively early, because this was going to be a very busy weekend for me, and it began on Friday evening. 

Still, it has always been pleasant to visit Vermont. Even brief visits, like this one, tend to yield positive results.

On this particular trip, we crossed the Lake Champlain Bridge from Crown Point, New York to Chimney Point, in Vermont. There is a small place to grab a bite to eat right there, but it was closed for the season, so we would have to go elsewhere.

So, we went to nearby Bridport, and found Pratt’s Store, a small place that did serve some breakfast sandwiches and coffee. 

During this brief visit, we took in some of the nearby mountain scenery, with the peaks still showing strong and obvious evidence of snow. Even though these mountains were in New York (part of the Adirondacks) and we were in Vermont, we were on a kind of incline that allowed s a perfect view of them.

Then, we also briefly stopped by an old and historic one-room schoolhouse, which was also near to a red barn and house which felt, at least to me, to have a certain charm which is very typical of New England. 

So, I thought it would be worth sharing the pictures that I took here.

Enjoy!



 
















2 comments:

  1. You took some great pictures during that trip. I was at Port Henry Beach earlier today, right before sunset, and it reminded me that there are some beautiful views there as well. You should definitely make a stop there the next time you come up, especially considering that it's not even five minutes from the house by car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, there are still definitely parts of that town, and more generally, the region, that I have yet to fully explore, although I would like to.

      Delete