Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Some Pictures From Providence, Rhode Island (2019)






In July of 2019, I traveled to Massachusetts, mostly to attend an author event. The author was Derek B.  Miller, and it was going to be his first appearance in the United States to promote a book. It was also the only such event of his that my schedule would allow me to attend, so it either had to be go to this one, or just forget the whole thing. I decided to take the road trip, and although I never actually got around to publishing that particular post, that should be remedied in the very near future (hopefully later this week).

In the meantime, it seemed like a good idea to post some of the pictures that I did take that evening. At one point, while the sun was setting, I pulled over and took a picture of the sunset across some kind of a lake or reservoir. But mostly, the pictures were of Providence, the capital city of Rhode Island. 

Providence always seemed to have some measure of charm despite it being known traditionally as kind of a tough town. If memory serves correctly, I first visited this little city in the autumn of 2001, probably on an unseasonably mild day in November. I have been back only a few times since, but this particular visit was likely the briefest one.

Still, I do like the town. There is a narrow river that traverses the downtown, which always reminds me a bit of Europe. There is Brown University, an Ivy League school, which has a pleasant campus. And of course, my personal favorite landmark of Providence is the beautiful state house.  It was the state house that I mostly focused on for this particular trip, just as it was getting dark. The pictures came out okay. Certainly, there have been pictures that I have taken which seemed to come out better, clearer. Still, they seemed worth sharing, so here they are.

Enjoy.
















No comments:

Post a Comment