Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Some Old Family Photos For the Holidays

Christmas is almost here. This is a time when most people will be - and seemingly everyone wants to be - with family.

Recently, I have been working hard trying to clear out the old family house. It has been a lot of work, and often quite unpleasant. However, it does have some perks. One such perk is running across things that bring back a lot of memories.

Of course, one of the major things that brings back such memories are old pictures. And recently, I uncovered a number of old family photos. This is not altogether surprising, since I ran into some old pictures like that in the past, as well.  

However, those episodes are getting fewer and farther between, as I come closer to clearing out the house. Not sure if I will uncover many more pictures, and you never know when the last time will come. But it seemed like a good idea, as well as a good time of the year, to share those pictures here.

So without further ado, here are some old family pictures, both of the family here, and the family back in France. 

Enjoy!


Written on the back: Noël '84. This is my aunt (father's sister), Marie-Thèrèse, and her son Jean-Louis.  


Marie-Thèrèse again, with Watteau the dog.   


My aunt Nicole, and I believe that this would have been either her boyfriend or husband, although I could certainly be wrong. 



The family cemetery, which I believe is in Marly-le-roi, not far from Paris. 





High school graduation. I believe that this is mine, from back in 1992, although it may have been my brother's back in 1990. Cannot say for sure, honestly. 

Me on Graduation Day from West Milford Township High School, June 1992


These pictures below are, I believe, from the trip to Maine and the Maritimes that we took in the summer  of 1989, or possibly of eastern Quebec in the summer of 1991.










 


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Real blasts from the past! Thanks, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy these unearthed pictures as well. In no particular order:

    Nicole's partner (I don't know whether they were married or not either) was Thierry.

    I can't tell whether that was my graduation or yours either, since the graduates are too far away, and I don't recognize any of the people close to the camera.

    It's so weird seeing those pictures of me with a thick head of red hair; it's like looking at pictures of another person. Needless to say, my hair's no longer abundant (or red) these days.

    I'm guessing those beach pictures are from 1989, since it appears that you were still at the tail end of your "short and skinny" phase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Is the one that says "Juin 1992 à la maison" the back of the picture of you in your graduation gown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was on the back of the one of me on Graduation Day.

      Delete