Saturday, December 25, 2021

A White Christmas Eve….At Least Early Morning









No, this will not be a White Christmas. Those are rare, after all, and temperatures in the greater New York metropolitan area are supposed to be in the high 40’s (Fahrenheit), which is much too warm for snow.   

However, there were some snow flakes early in the morning today for Christmas Eve, and it was enough to stick. I was at work at the time (working overnights for a few years now), and I decided to go out and take a closer look. Also, to clear up my car a bit, warm it up for the little more than an hour before I was set to leave.              

Snow is very pleasant to look at, and it is peaceful, as well. It can add a touch of grace and even elegance to the world, and slows things down. I work at a site near two major interstates, and a couple of other highways to boot, so there is usually the noise of traffic nearby. And there was on this early morning, as well. However, even this sounded a little more muted, a little more relaxed, and not in such a rush, rush, rush.              

It was a nice change of pace.              

This is one of those times when a little bit of snow was actually welcome, adding to the special holiday feel. So I thought I would share some pictures, as well as my thoughts of gratitude on this sort of holiday, just before the big holiday tomorrow.               

Merry Christmas!





      






No comments:

Post a Comment