Thursday, June 4, 2020

I Go For Covid-19 Testing

Yes, that's right. Earlier today, I personally went to get tested for the coronavirus.

My girlfriend discovered that she tested positive early on Tuesday, although it should be noted that the actual test was on Saturday. 

From that point on, my day proved hectic. I had to inform the mother of my son that I would not be available, and would have to self-isolate, for the next couple of weeks, at least. Then, I had to call my bosses at both jobs and inform them of the situation. That mean that I would have to obtain a laptop from my main job so that I can work from home. 

Meanwhile, I also had to think about getting myself tested. But not having a personal physician, that meant trying to obtain one. My girlfriend offered to ask her physician, and so that is what we did. I got the approval from her, and then tried to get tested later that chaotic day. It wound up being too crazy, as the place that they recommended did not actually do testing. That prompted me to call the county, and they gave me the address of another place. I scrambled to get there, and did, only to be told that they had just closed the lab, and could not do the testing. Plus, I would need permission specifically from the physician to do saliva testing.

So, I had to wait until Wednesday. Once I got the chance to talk to the doctor, she gave me a number to call specifically, and then I got an appointment for earlier today, at 10:30am. Would have preferred earlier, like Wednesday, but what can you do?

The testing site was at a nearby community college. It was strange, not what I expected. I did my own swabbing, for example. And it was much, much quicker than I had anticipated, for that matter. 

However, the results will come after three business days. She said that I would likely know the results by Tuesday.

Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment