Wednesday, June 3, 2020

My Girlfriend Tests Positive For Covid-19

Earlier this year, we had a scare, when my girlfriend got sick. She felt sicker than usual, citing some strange symptoms. In particular, she felt very tired - even exhausted - far more than she usually did. But she also had some bad, cold or even flu-like symptoms. And the toll that it took, evidently, contributed to that sense of complete and utter exhaustion.

However, due to technicalities and/or complications, she never actually got tested. And she recovered, and went back to work. Life resumed more or less as normal. At least as normal as it could get during this whole pandemic.

Until yesterday, that is. It was my night off, and she woke me up a little after eight in the morning, and told me that she would be off for the next ten days, because she had tested positive.

It came as a shock, to say the least.

Then, the remainder of the day consisted of a series of stresses, as I had to scramble to notify both of my jobs, as well as get a doctor in order to get myself tested. Because of technicalities, I wound up not quite getting tested, although I hope to be more successful later today with that. But what I had expected to be a more or less peaceful day off wound up being a very stressful day generally.

Sigh.


What are you going to do?


Here is hoping that she recovers from this fully, and that she does not encounter any more symptoms, or anything. 

Hope everyone out there is staying healthy and safe, as well!

4 comments:

  1. Please, both of you, take good care of yourselves, and let us know if we can do anything ...

    Our love to you both.

    ReplyDelete