Sunday, June 21, 2020

Hot Time, Summer in the City

Well,  summer is officially here now.  Yesterday evening,  it officially started.


Yesterday was also the longest day of the year. 

For me,  it felt like it began a couple of days before,  after seeing the first lightning bugs of the year.  They are wonderful to see,  and still capture my imagination,  even after all of these years.  It feels almost like they are natural miracles of sorts.  Sometimes,  I feel like I could watch them throughout an entire summer night!

In any case,  summer is here,  yes.  Many of our hopes and plans for the year,  and especially for the summer,  have been altered due to the coronavirus pandemic.  That was surely the case with me,  as well.  But let's try to stay positive and focus on the good.  Summer is here again,  and here is wishing everyone the best for a summer that is now officially underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment