Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A Winter's Afternoon Drive Through Warwick, New York

On Tuesday, I went up north to the old house in West Milford, set to do my usual clearing out of the place. I had gotten off from work and had the slightest headache, and hoped that eating some breakfast and then sleeping would do the trick.

But it did not. When I awoke, it was to a pretty serious headache. I felt nauseous as well. So all I could really do was take some aspirin and try to take a bit more of a nap. 

The good thing was it worked. Maybe an hour and a half later, I arose. The headache was mostly gone. So I decided not to get right to work, but to go to the town library and use the computer lab there. Then, it seemed like a good idea to once again get some food, some lunch, so that there would be no chance of a hunger headache. And for some reason, I decided to go to get lunch at a place in neighboring Warwick, New York, which my son and I like to go to.

It had snowed just a day or two before, and so the landscape clearly had a wintry look to it. It is a beautiful little drive on the side roads, with some great views of the surrounding foothills. And since I was not in a rush, I decided to pull over and take a few pictures of it. 

In truth, one of the pictures reflected my own laziness. It was the picture of the barn that advertises "Brady Farm Registered Angus." The thing is, it felt really cold and icy out, and I just liked the rugged way that it looked. However, it lacked the beauty of the pictures of the surrounding landscape, so I did not work nearly as hard to obtain it. And so, you can see the blemishes from my windshield, which probably need a good cleaning at the moment. 

Overall, I like the way that these pictures came out, although like usual, the landscape that I saw with my naked eyes were more spectacular than what came out in these pictures. Not sure if they do it justice. Yet, the pictures seem to have come out nicely, nevertheless. 

After this, I enjoyed a good lunch in Warwick, before heading back to the house and continuing to do the work, feeling a bit more energetic and refreshed, and not as limited because of a serious headache or anything like that.

And so it seemed like a good idea to share these pictures from yesterday.

Enjoy!

















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of yet another beautiful part of the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Warwick is a really great town, right next to West Milford. Beautiful countryside, a trait it shares with WM. Yet, it has much more of a charming downtown, which has almost a New England kind of a feel to it.

      Delete