Tuesday, March 19, 2024

One MIT Physicist Had Some Interesting New Ideas on the "Meaning of Life"






Meant to publish this a long time ago. somehow, I never quite got around to it.

But I am remedying that now. 

Obviously, this was an article from quite a few years ago. Don't even remember when I ran into it, or why I never quite got around to posting a blog entry about it here.

Anyway, here it is now:


I remember my father telling me once, years ago, that Stephen Hawking had said that he could figure out the meaning of life, if he had enough time to work with (but he doubted that he would).

Well, as it turns out, an MIT physicist has suggested that he has figured it out.

Jeremy England is that physicist, and according to him, the meaning of life is not actually nearly as complex as it might seem. Yes, this question that has fascinated and perplexed so many great thinkers in the past might finally have been answered. 

Everything absorbs and gives away energy. The difference is in degrees. A rock has a small amount of energy, but this goes away quickly and completely. 



MIT Physicist Proposes New "Meaning of Life" Over a year ago  by Orion Jones, September 28, 2015:




Also, it seemed appropriate to add two links on speculations on the "Meaning of Life" by one of my favorite authors, Daniel Quinn. This is in two parts. 

Enjoy!

Daniel Quinn: Another Interpretation of the ‘Meaning of Life’ BY NICOLAE TANASE ON MARCH 28, 2016:

No comments:

Post a Comment