Saturday, July 25, 2026

Reworking Photos With Surprising Results

Earlier this week, I was playing around with some of the photographs that I recently took. 

One of those pictures was a sort of remake of an older, quite similar picture that I took. It was of a bust of Stephen King which I obtained earlier this year, set against a backdrop of books by King. In this case, it is the Dark Tower series. I was trying to recreate a similar photo with another Stephen King bust that I got a number of years ago. That one did not turn out quite as nicely as I had hoped. Or rather, it was difficult to tell that it was supposed to be Stephen King, at least at first glance.

While I was playing around with it, there was a different which I could not help but notice. The free drawing style, if you will, just was not coming out the way that I hoped it would. So I tried some other things, like the black and white and such. As it turns out, the results were quite a bit more to my liking than the drawing style proved to be for this particular picture.

Frankly, it almost looks like an old photograph of King from a different era. From the late 1970's or early 1980's, to be specific. 

In short, it came out very nicely, if I may say so myself. If you did not look too closely, and see that his shoulder were cut off, you might almost think that this was a period photograph of King taken back in the day, set against a backdrop of his books, or something like that. 

Maybe I am making too much of it. But I really did like the way that this one came out.

Take a look at the pictures, and how I reworked them, little by little. 

Enjoy.




In these two more or less blueish pictures, I was trying to recreate the image of a young King on the cover of Hearts in Suspension.























The old, reworked photo. You can kind of tell that it is supposed to be Stephen King, especially if you see his name or work in the background. But it is not easy or automatic to tell that just at a glance. That is what I wanted to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment