So earlier today, I decided to go to the Meadowlands Stadium before my shift at work. You know, just to see the place where they eyes all around the globe would be on later in the day for the World Cup Final. It was maybe 15 or so minutes from where I work, give or take. So I thought, "What the hell?"
And I went and took some pictures from outside of the stadium on that day of the game.
Ironically, it was not the first time that I was physically at the site of the stadium where a World Cup Final would be played later on that day. My cousin dropped us off nearby the Stade de France just a few hours before the game was set to begin back in 1998. It was fascinating to see the stadium just before it hosted such a huge event.
Later today, the 2026 World Cup comes to a conclusion with the Men's Final. It will pit Spain against the defending champs, Argentina. Both teams have won the World Cup tournament before, although Spain only won it once, back in 2010 in South Africa.
No, I didn't have tickets to actually be at the game itself. Still, it was kind of cool to see the stadium just hours before it was to host the biggest sports event for four years.
Of course, it also seemed worth sharing here.
Enjoy.




.jpg)




.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment