Monday, September 2, 2019

Experimenting With Pictures of the 2019 Trip

Clearly, I am not quite ready yet to fully be back here in the United States. Part of me is still very much on vacation in Europe still.

At least, that is where my mind is, even if physically, I have been back here stateside for a few days already now. 

I am still thinking and dreaming about the trip - literally. And I am still unpacking and sorting through all of the stuff, including the pictures on the phone. Once again, there were so many, that it is taking a while. 

None of that bothers me, of course. Because it was a pleasure. My son and I both agree that this is the best trip that we have been on. I was planning on and for this particular trip for years, and kind of felt it would become a reality for the past year or so. As it grew closer, I began to feel nervous, even as some of the bricks to make this a reality were put into place. Perhaps especially as those bricks were laid into place.

First, permission from my girlfriend's family, although that apparently was more formality than anything else. They have always been gracious to me, and I am very appreciative.

Then, it was actually getting the tickets, which I finally did in late May. By then, of course, there was a solid commitment, having spent actual money - significant money, of course, for two round trip tickets to Europe for my son and I.

After that, it was the car rental, which would be critical. 

Finally, it was the hotels, and making sure that I would have enough cash to cover our expenses while overseas, of course.

All of that takes a lot of planning and preparing, of course. And I never feel like I have done quite enough as I head off onto these trips. This time, the level of nervousness was absolutely through the roof! I have never been anywhere near as nervous heading into a trip like I was with this one.

Now that I am back home, and my son and I are safe and sound, I almost wonder why.


Decided to try some things with at least some of the pictures from this trip so far.  Please let me know if you like these!




Paris: Tour Eiffel from the Loire 

 The Notre Dame Cathedral from the Loire 






Sacre Coeur Basilica at Montmartre 












Les chevaux de Marly 









Classic scenes from Paris 








































































4 comments:

  1. Beneath the caption "Classic scenes from Paris", there's a color photograph of Montmartre. Where was the color photograph that immediately follows it taken? It seems like I should recognize it, but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was taken just after strolling away from the Eiffel Tower down the Champ de Mars, and making a left at the Ecole Militaire. It is the first square, or traffic circle, that you encounter in what feels like hitting the city proper again, and we took the train back to CDG Airport shortly thereafter. I do not believe it is a particularly popular or well-known part of Paris. Yet, it occured to me that I had not taken any, or at least many, of typical Parisian streets. It was attractive, and so I took the picture.

      Delete
  2. That explains why I didn't recognize it then. Nice shot; quintessentially Parisian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought it was nice, as well. Was tempted to stop at one of the cafes that were there, but decided against it, because time was a bit too tight. Or it would have likely been, had we stopped there. But it was a part of Paris that I was not familiar with, as well, although it seemed to have some charm.

      Delete