Thursday, September 3, 2020

Today is My Son's First Day in High School

Yes,  today,  my son started his first day of high school.

I took this picture last evening,  just after dropping him off and just before leaving,  knowing that I would not likely get to see him today.

Frankly, it hardly seems like all that long ago that my then wife and I were discussing trying to get him in preschool. Then, of course, came kindergarten, and the really big next step to first grade.

Two years ago, another big step, when he went to middle school, or junior high school, as it is sometimes known.


Now, it is outright high school that he is attending. Hell, when I got pulled over in Main during our recent trip, the cop had assumed we were up there to drop my son off at some local college, it seemed. When I told him that my son was only 14, he burst out laughing.

Earlier today, someone on Facebook looked at this same picture and asked when he had become a man.

It is stunning to me that this little boy is now in high school, and being mistaken for a young man.

But it is a real privilege to watch him grow like this, and I am so proud of him. I congratulate him on yet another big step in his life!





2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to Sebastien! Do you feel old yet, Chach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do. But it's okay. It is a privilege getting to watch him grow like this.

    ReplyDelete