Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Autumnal Equinox is Today - September 22nd

When I was younger, it seemed that I never paid much attention to the equinoxes, the official, scientific changing of the seasons. Yes, I would hear that the new season was here, and kind of just shrug, maybe think to myself or even say, "Cool."

These days, I am much more cognizant of the changing of the seasons, and usually like to honor them with acknowledgement here, if possible.

So, today is the autumnal equinox. Technically, it will be here at 9:30 in the morning on Tuesday the 22nd of September. At that point, throughout the northern hemisphere, summer will officially be over, and the fall will be upon us.

It is one of my favorite times of the year, when the excessive heat of the summer recedes, and we have (for now) warm to moderate days, and cool to chilly evenings. Again, my favorite, personally.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment