Thursday, January 12, 2023

The Yardbirds - Shapes of Things (1966)



In honor of Jeff Beck, the musical legend whom we just lost yesterday, it seemed like a fitting tribute would be to post a video of my favorite song from him, or a band he was a part of. 

This particular song was from his time with the Yardburds. It is called "Shapes of Things." It was not their biggest hit, although it was one of the songs that I believe they are best known for. Something about the song, and the lyrics, really spoke to me when I was a young idealist. Yes, it really resonated with me at the time, and as probably one of my favorite songs back at some point during my teen years, maybe around my freshman or sophomore year in high school. 

It is a beautiful song, and I thought it would be something to share on this of all days. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment