Wednesday, April 12, 2023

A Short Visit to Bath, New York

 

Yesterday, my son and I went through another drive around the countryside in northwestern New York. 

One of the towns we paid a brief visit to was Bath. It had a certain charm, and I was particularly struck by Pulteney Square, which kind of reminded me of "The Green" in Morristown, New Jersey. Like "The Green," Pulteney Square dates back to the early days of the nation's history, back to 1783. In fact, it was the first clearing in Steuben County.

We drove a bit around town, admittedly more or less directionless, just wanted to explore. It seemed to be, by far, the biggest town around in the area. It had some attractive parts, but particularly the downtown, of which the highlight, and most striking feature (to me) was Pulteney Square.

Below are some pictures from our admittedly brief visit:






No comments:

Post a Comment