Saturday, April 1, 2023

Jimmy, Rosalynn Carter Announce Divorce

A picture that I took during the Jimmy Carter booksigning event at New Haven, Connecticut in early December, 2014. I wrote a blog entry about this, which was oublished on December 5, 2014. 

Here is the link: President Jimmy Carter Visits Yale & Princeton




A photo that I took from a booksigning with Jimmy Carter at Barnes & Noble on Fifth Avenue in New York City last year, which I took my son to go see (and get a few books signed by a former President). I wrote a review on it, on March 27, 2014, titled: 

President Jimmy Carter Book Signing, New York, NY - March 25, 2014: 





After over 76 years of being married to one another, Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter, the former first couple, have decided to call it quits.

“Frankly, we both couldn’t be more excited to put our respective pasts behind us and embark on the next chapter of our lives,” read a joint statement released by the 98-year-old former president and 95-year-old former first lady.

They must have their reasons, right?

Below is the link to the Onion article, which expands extensively on this still breaking story:




Jimmy, Rosalynn Carter Announce Divorce Published March 28, 2023:

https://www.theonion.com/jimmy-rosalynn-carter-announce-divorce-1850274390?utm_campaign=The%20Onion&utm_content=1680030903&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3VNspizN1Vsg0s76cHOpp0-1rq707jxUz1GFUFTG36jASpPiNpR4QCHt8

2 comments:

  1. I read in The Onion that he recently signed up for a two-year program to become a dental hygienist. I guess this way he'll have more time to devote to that pursuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I saw that, too, but I preferred the momentary shock value of this headline for April Fool's Day.

      Delete