Monday, June 5, 2023

Some Pictures From a Brief Visit to Dundas Castle in Roscoe, New York






My mom and I were recently talking about castles in and around Liberty, New York, the town where she grew up, and where we all used to live briefly during my own childhood. There is a castle there, although I was not able to make it to see it the one time I tried. It was apparently on this private road or driveway, and I did not want to risk getting caught illegally exploring private property.

However, I did get to see another famous castle in the region. It was likely during one of the trips to or from my mom's present town, in northwestern New York. This was Dundas Castle, at or very near Roscoe, along the Beaverkill stream. It was beautiful countryside, and the castle kind of blended in on this autumn afternoon, perhaps a couple of years or so ago. 

It actually does look like a castle. Sometimes known as Craig–E–Clair, I felt tempted to climb up to the location, but again, did not want to risk getting arrested or anything. So I stayed on the main road and took pictures of the castle from there. Nothing illegal about that. 

Below are the pictures which I took. Enjoy!


Here is the Wikipedia site for the castle:

Dundas Castle (Roscoe, New York)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundas_Castle_(Roscoe,_New_York)


























No comments:

Post a Comment