Monday, April 8, 2024

Julian Lennon Turns 61 Today

 

My son and I meeting Julian Lennon at the "Touch the Earth" book signing event on Saturday morning, April 15, 2017. It was a thrill to meet him!



Todday marks the 61st birthday of Julian Lennon, the son of former Beatle and music legend John Lennon. I did not quite get to publish this yesterday, when it was his actual birthday. However, I am publishing this nevertheless, even though it comes the day after the fact.

Personally, I remember Julian Lennon from the days when his seemingly burgeoning music career was all over the radio. I figured that he would be one of those stars who would be around forever. That, however, proved inaccurate. In fact, it seemed that after the eighties, he kind of faded into relative obscurity. 

Yet, as a longtime fan of the Beatles, I would try and keep up with him every now and then. Somehow, I learned that he was writing children's books, and went to the city a couple of times during two of his book signing events, including once with my son (see picture). Admittedly, though, I hoped that he would resurrect his music career, since again, I had high hopes for him back in the eighties. He did release a music album last year (which I reviewed here), which I quite enjoyed. 

Here is the album cover of Julian Lennon's recently released album - his first in over a decade - which is simply called "Jude," which is kind of an acceptance that he is the "Jude" referred to in the timeless Beatles classic, even though he himself has mixed feelings about this.

In any case, yesterday marked Julian Lennon's 61st birthday. It seemed appropriate to mark the occasion here. He looks good and healthy for 61. Hope I'll look and feel nearly as good when I reach it as he apparently does. 







  

No comments:

Post a Comment