Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Steps In the Right Direction

As I have mentioned throughout this week - which was a scheduled vacation week for me - wound up being a sick week instead. No trips to visit family and friends, as originally planned. No going much of anywhere, in fact, except to the doctor's office. 

However, this was the best day that I had since Saturday, easily. I still feel quite nauseous, but resumed a more or less normal diet today. Still coughing, but it is both less frequent and less severe, at least so far. Both of those are welcome developments. There is still a tickle in my throat, which of course feels like the cause of the coughing, and that still has not gone anywhere, but I am hoping. 

The vomiting and diarrhea from earlier this week appears to be gone. The weakness is not nearly as extreme. And the fatigue is not nearly as extreme, either. 

Almost all signs point to a recovery. At least hopefully.

Then again, I remember that I felt the same way a couple of times already in the past two weeks and change (it's actually now approaching three weeks). So I am trying to be careful not to count my chickens before they hatch, because I know that the flu, or cold, or whatever it is showed signs of receding into the background before, only to come storming back.

Despite having tested negative for Covid, my girlfriend (who has a background in nursing) suspects that, in fact, I probably had gotten Covid, due to the seemingly wild variations of the symptoms at different times. 

Maybe. No way to know for sure at this point. 

What I do know is that I am ready for this to go away already. Because while I feel decidely better now than at my worst (which was surely this past Sunday, particularly Sunday morning almost right to noon), I still feel nowhere near normal. The fatigue still hits, and it hits hard. My sleep schedule is still off, although the fact that I am on vacation, and have allowed myself to deviate from my normally (admittedly still somewhat erratic) sleep schedule may be throwing things off, as well. Perhaps it is time to try to get back to a more or less normal sleep schedule again.

Guess I had better start to get things normalized again, because now my vacation time is almost up. Down to a couple of days left, really, and already, I am scheduled to go right back to work on Friday, and this is a full weekend schedule. That is a fact that I am trying not to dwell too much upon. 

Once again, it feels like the days off are going too quickly, and the time when I have to resume my normal schedule is speeding towards me again. 

Sigh.

What can you do? I will just try to continue to take it easy and keep taking my medicine (literally, in this case) in hopes that my health will be more or less fully restored in time for the weekend to come.

Meanwhile, here's hoping that everyone is doing reasonably well out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment