Tuesday, April 30, 2024

A Second Visit to Venice Beach

 



After visiting the Santa Monica Pier on Friday afternoon, the four of us went walking along the walkway, with beautiful views of the beach and the Pacific Ocean beyond.

It was a two mile walk to the pier at Venice Beach, which I had visited just a few days earlier. This time, however, we entered from the Santa Monica side, and I saw that Venice Beach was much, much bigger than just the part I had seen the previous day. Someone had told me that the famous part of Venice Beach was only two blocks farther in any direction from the pier, but in fact, there was a long part of it that was far more touristy. Like with the Santa Monica Pier, it had a carnival like atmosphere. A kitchy feel to it that seems typical of touristy American coastal towns. I did not see any wax museums or "Guiness Book of Records" styled museums, but they would not have felt out of place here. 

Not nearly as many pictures this time. I had taken plenty at Santa Monica, as well as at Venice Beach the first time around. Also, the smog was so serious by the time that we got to the pier, that the surrounding scenery looked more like an outline than anything else. I could not even see the mountains to the left, which had been visible just a few days earlier. 

Still, I did take some pictures. There was Muscle Beach, where I was told Arnold Schwarzenegger worked hard when first coming to the country, building up his physique. Also, there were some interesting murals on the sides of a couple of buildings, which seemed worth taking pictures of. So I thought they would be worth sharing here.

Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment