Monday, April 15, 2024

Tax Day Funny: Absent-Minded Billionaire Almost Forgets To Pay $0 In Taxes

Today is Tax Day in America. If you are like me, you watch everyone else file their taxes well in advance, while you wait until the last day.

Why?

Well, because I owed money. It's weird, my federal return shows that I should be getting money back. Yet my state taxes (here in New Jersey) always show that I owe. In fact, more than once, what I was supposed to get from the Federal wound up going straight to my state taxes. Did not know that they could do that at first, but now, I am not only getting used to it, but in fact, am expecting it this year, as well.

In any case, you've gotta have a sense of humor about these things, right?

So here was a tax-related funny from The Onion about how a billionaire almost forgot to pay the total of $0 that he owed. Luckily, he remembered just in time.

Yikes, that was close!

It's funny because it's true.



Absent-Minded Billionaire Almost Forgets To Pay $0 In Taxes Published, April 18, 2023:

https://www.theonion.com/absent-minded-billionaire-almost-forgets-to-pay-0-in-t-1850348815?utm_campaign=TheOnion&utm_content=1681839199&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=twitter&fbclid=IwAR2jTl1uSSWAx26b9DtygJOMWrNAvOHvHGRMxvSPScP9-FKNSpdoq3nuf1c

No comments:

Post a Comment