Sunday, September 12, 2021

Foo Fighters See Their Iconic Tune Everlong Return To Top of Charts

 



The Foo Fighters have produced some great rock songs over the course of many years now. As their legacy more or less goes, from the ashes of Nirvana rose this band, the Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl had written some Nirvana songs, and his efforts were appreciated by fellow famed bandmate Kurt Cobain. After Cobain's death by suicide, Grohl created the Foo Fighters. At first, it was basically him using that name, and playing all of the instruments, as I understand it. Then, eventually, he assembled talented musicians around him, and a band was created. They had some good songs on their self-titled debut album, but it was their second album, The Colour and the Shape, which really established them as more than just Dave Grohl's post-Nirvana music project, but as a great band unto themselves.

That was a great album. For me, whenever I think of that album, I think about how many times a song from that now legendary album came on the radio while driving around in the security vehicle at my job in Riverside Square Mall at the time. It was a good time in my life, and I remember cranking up the volume a good many times when the Foo Fighters would come on. They have produced some amazing stuff since as well, although that particular album remains my personal favorite from the band.

My personal favorite track from that album - and I hardly think myself alone in this regard - is Everlong. David Letterman chose this song to be performed by this band on his final show some years ago. The song just has a different, unique sound that appealed to me right away. And while I try to be careful not to overplay it, it must be said that it is one of the few songs - one of the very few songs - that comes to mind which I never personally got sick and tired of hearing. 

Now, after a recent performance with Nandi Bushell, the Foo Fighters are seeing that song return to the top of the charts almost a quarter of a century after it was initially released. For a band to have even one song top the charts is quite an accomplishment. But to see that song return back to the top of the charts decades after it was first released? Well, that is just a phenomenal accomplishment.

Here is an article that elaborates on this story:


Foo Fighters' 'Everlong' Returns To Charts After Show With Nandi Bushell By Ariel King Sep 11, 2021

https://q1043.iheart.com/content/2021-09-11-foo-fighters-everlong-returns-to-charts-after-show-with-nandi-bushell/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment