Saturday, September 11, 2021

Happy 50th Anniversary to My Parents!!

 

Earlier today, I changed my cover photo on Facebook for the obvious anniversary of the September 11th attacks. However, this is another anniversary, one that is much more cheerful. Today is the 50th anniversary for my parents. They went through the peaks and valleys in their lives, experiencing both joys and heartbreaks. Through it all, they endured, and they did the best that they could with their two kids, for which I am grateful. So on a bright note on this otherwise somber occasion, here is wishing a very Happy 50th Anniversary to my parents! (Yes, this is a picture of flowers for Valentine's Day from a few years back, but it was the best that I could do for this post right now). 




Happy 50th Anniversary!



Earlier today, I marked the big news of this day for most people, the one that is grabbing so many headlines, which would be the 20th anniversary of the September 11th attacks.

However, this day also marks the 50th anniversary of wedded bliss for my parents.

Yes, that's right. It became a somewhat unfortunate day for such an anniversary following the events on this day 20 years ago. Yet, other things did happen on the day. And back in 1971, my parents officially married.

It has not always been easy, of course. They have gone through some rough patches, had some missteps along the way. 

But they stuck with it through it all. They paid their dues with work, had and raised two boys and sent both to college (for which I am very grateful), and got through disappointments and setbacks in looking for a good home to retire in before finding that home in Hornell, New York, where they presently live. And they are both much happier about that, specifically, then they were with the house in our old hometown of West Milford, New Jersey.

Thank you again! I love you, and a very Happy Anniversary to you both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment