Thursday, September 9, 2021

My Son's Picture From His First Day As a High School Sophomore

 



On Tuesday, my son started his first day of the new academic year of 2021-22. It was his first day as a Sophomore at his high school in Butler, New Jersey.              

I was not able to get there on that day, because this is a strange week for me, where I do not have nearly as much freedom of mobility as I usually do, for a variety of reasons. But there was very little chance that I would be able to make it there in his hometown on his first day of school this year.                

Still, I asked my ex if she could take a picture of him in the morning, just before school. Both of them agreed to do it. I made sure and asked my son if he was serious, and he said that he was, even though he has a rather long history of trying to get out of getting his picture taken any way that he can.              

It came as no surprise to me, then, that he found a way to get out of getting his picture taken that morning. He said that he would take a picture of himself at the high school.              
And that is what he did. So, here it is. A picture of my boy, on the first day of his second year of high school now. Don’t want to sound clichΓ©, but where does the time go?



4 comments:

  1. Good luck SΓ©bastien. Try not to miss W.M. too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a more honest first day of school picture than the other ones from previous years, when he would give the camera a forced smile. As for WM, they made the news by altering course and requiring masks.

      Delete
  2. Hey. I wasn't being critical. I too definitely prefer pictures of people who aren't smiling to ones in which they're forcing themselves to smile. I was busting his chops, because I can totally relate to not being a huge fan of school.

    Concerning W.M., this is a rare instance of that town actually surprising me in a good way.

    ReplyDelete