Wednesday, December 13, 2023

New Guns N' Roses Track Has Interesting New, Haunting Sound To It





There was a song that I heard come on the radio on Q104.3, the local classic rockradio station, that caught my ear. It had a unique, almost haunting sound toit, and the vocals made me stop. At first, I kept thinking that this guy reallysounded like Axl Rose. Then as the song went to the chorus, I became almostcertain that it was Axl Rose. Had to be. Or someone who sounded an awful lotlike him, and who was clearly imitating him. Maybe the guy from Spacehog(remembered best for their one big hit, "In the Meantime," whichbecame popular sometime in the mid-nineties)? That band's lead singer, Royston Langdon, reminded my a lot of Axl Rose,in terms of how he sounded. Very few singers actually sound like Rose, so maybethis guy had produced some new music? Or maybe there is some young, new artistout there whom I never heard of?

So when I got the chance, I searched Youtube for a new song by the group Isuspected it was. Then I listened, and found the song here. Indeed, it was anew Guns N' Roses track. It is called "The General." Somehow, it doesnot sound like any other GNR song that I had heard before. It reminds me alittle bit of Voivod at times. It just has this kind of experimental feel toit.

Anyway,the song made an impression on me. It was interesting and so different.Clearly, the band is not simply trying to regurgitate their old, distinctivesound, to their credit. This really sounded unique to my ears, and so it seemedworth sharing here. Take a listen for yourself, and see what you think:



Guns N' Roses - The General (Official Audio)

No comments:

Post a Comment